Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very pretty dish and also quite tasty. Put your sauce of choice on the table in a gravy dish and let them put their own sauce on.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups cooked mixed vegetables (California blend is real good)
- 1⁄2 cup water (from the cooked vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Beat egg; add milk and then stir this into the dry ingredients.
- In an appropriate size pan, combine vegetables, juice, butter and catsup.
- Heat this till hot through.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a buttered casserole.
- Spread dough over top.
- Bake at 425° for about 25 to 30 minutes or till dough is browned.
- To serve, turn out on serving plate with vegetables on top.
- Serve with tomato or mushroom sauce.