Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick veggie meal using can and "scratch" sauces that makes up in minutes. You could substitute the parmesan cheese with either nutritional flakes or brown rice parmesan "cheese" to make it vegan.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (26 ounce) can Hunts Ready Tomato Sauces Chunky Special, vegetable
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 2 cups ziti pasta
- 2 cups soy mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- nonstick cooking spray
Soy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 -12 ounce silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk
- Cook ziti according to package directions and keep warm.
- Mash tofu using potato masher and pour spaghetti on top, stir and set aside.
- Sautee' sliced squash until al dente. Add spinach and cook until water evaportates.
- Blend soy alfredo sauce ingredients: tofu, garlic, parmesan cheese, oil, basil, parsley, black pepper, onion powder and soy milk together in a blender until desired consistency is achieved.
- Blend in spaghetti-tofu mixture and Alfredo sauce. Heat through. Toss with pasta and half of soy mozzarella cheese. Coat 9x13" pan with non-stick spray. Pour pasta blend into dish; top with remaining soy cheese. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven about 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serves 8.