Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super simple and super good! Feel free to experiment with veggie combinations. Use about 4 cups total between veggies and/or vegan chicken.
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 5 ounces vegan chicken, cubed (two pieces, can use more)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups fresh portabella mushrooms, cubes
- 8 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook spaghetti until al dente and drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking, saute the veggies and vegan chik'n in olive oil until tender.
- While veggies are cooking bring broth to a boil, wisk in flour (I usually turn the flour into a slurry first to avoid lumps) add the vegan cream cheese and nutrional yeast. Stir and heat throughly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When everything is all cooked, stir everything together and pack into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes to set up.
- Enjoy with some garlic bread!
So good. I used two Chick'n burger patties that I cut up. I really like those veg patties an am always happy to find different ways to use them. This made a delicious meal that I would gladly made again (and very likely will). :D
Really great dish, I'm sure I'll be coming back to this one again and again. Especially when I have leftover pasta. This was more like a 4 1/2 star for me. The only reason I said 4 instead of 5 is because I felt the sauce needed a bit of a flavour boost....the cream cheese & nooch are great, just some garlic and/or herbs would be good. But as is, the sauce was velvety smooth and easy to make. I managed to cut down on the washing up by sauteeing the veg, taking them out and then making the sauce it the same pot. I used Gardein's chicken scallopini instead of Quorn which worked perfectly. Since I had them handy, I topped it off with a dusting of bread crumbs. My son & I really enjoyed this dish, I've had a good 2 servings worth....thanks for sharing WICC!
This was DELICIOUS! I really loved the flavor of the sauce. I used 2 large pieces of Gardein brand chicken scallopini (in place of the Quorn) which I cut into cubes. I didn't have any red pepper on hand, so I just added more broccoli. I don't usually do this, but I used 3 4oz cans of sliced mushrooms in place of the fresh, which I sauteed with olive oil, a bit of garlic, some Braggs, and Italian seasoning. Then I added the broccoli and followed the recipe exactly as written. SOO GOOD, I will definitely be making this again!