Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from Flo's V8 Cafe located in Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure.
- 177.44 ml Bulgar wheat
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 158.51 ml onion, onion
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 158.51 ml zucchini, diced
- 158.51 ml yellow squash, diced
- 118.29 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 591.47 ml vegetarian sausage crumbles (recommend Morningstar Farms)
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 946.36 ml prepared mashed potatoes
- 6 deli-style slices cheddar cheese or 177.44 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bulgur in a large, heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes; drain excess water and set bulgur aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan; add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add zucchini, squash, and peppers. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in sausage crumbles and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- Add bulgur and tomato sauce to pan, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish, packing firmly with a spatula.
- Spread mashed potatoes over mixture, then top with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and light brown at the edges. Let cool 3 to 4 minutes, then cut into squares and serve hot.