Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from Flo's V8 Cafe located in Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup onion, onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup zucchini, diced
- 2/3 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetarian sausage crumbles (recommend Morningstar Farms)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 6 deli-style slices cheddar cheese or 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Place bulgur in a large, heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes; drain excess water and set bulgur aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan; add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 4Increase heat to medium-high and add zucchini, squash, and peppers. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in sausage crumbles and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- 5Add bulgur and tomato sauce to pan, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Pour mixture into a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish, packing firmly with a spatula.
- 7Spread mashed potatoes over mixture, then top with cheese.
- 8Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and light brown at the edges. Let cool 3 to 4 minutes, then cut into squares and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie-Tater Bake
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 480.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian sausage crumbles