Recipe by Sharon123
A yummy recipe from Cat Cora, iron chef on the Food network. I changed the recipe around a little to please me. You can use vegetables that work for you, such as leftovers!
Top Review by Katanashrp
I just love the addition of the veggies although I skipped the tomato since I was making tomato salad to serve with it, but I can't wait to try it the original way. Thank you.
- 4 well-cleaned potatoes
- 29.58 ml butter (or olive oil)
- 59.14 ml grated low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml Italian herb seasoning
- 118.29 ml frozen broccoli florets
- 118.29 ml shelled frozen peas, thawed
- 118.29 ml sliced frozen carrots, thawed
- 118.29 ml chopped tomato
- 29.58 ml chopped black olives (or geen or kalamata)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 slice Morningstar Farms veggie bacon strips, cooked until crispy and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Remove and let cool until able to handle. Cut each in half and scoop out the insides to create the "boats.".
- In a large bowl, mix the insides of the potatoes with the butter or olive oil, grated cheeses and herbs, and stir until combined. Stir in all veggies, season to taste with salt and pepper and scoop mixture back into each potato half.
- Place back into the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with crumbled veggie bacon(along with salsa if desired), or enjoy straight from oven, serving 2 potato boats per person.