Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A yummy recipe from Cat Cora, iron chef on the Food network. I changed the recipe around a little to please me. You can use vegetables that work for you, such as leftovers!
- 4 well-cleaned potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup grated low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup shelled frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced frozen carrots, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives (or geen or kalamata)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 slices Morningstar Farms veggie bacon strips, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Remove and let cool until able to handle. Cut each in half and scoop out the insides to create the "boats.".
- In a large bowl, mix the insides of the potatoes with the butter or olive oil, grated cheeses and herbs, and stir until combined. Stir in all veggies, season to taste with salt and pepper and scoop mixture back into each potato half.
- Place back into the oven and cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with crumbled veggie bacon(along with salsa if desired), or enjoy straight from oven, serving 2 potato boats per person.
I just love the addition of the veggies although I skipped the tomato since I was making tomato salad to serve with it, but I can't wait to try it the original way. Thank you.
These were great! The veggies were a delicious and healthy addition to twice baked potatoes. I omitted the salt (personal preference). I am glad I had a feeling we would like these and doubled it - should make a great lunch! Thanks for sharing!
I wish I could give this 10 stars!!! I made 1/2 with white potatoes and 1/2 with yams (the orange ones) I didn't have any Italian seasoning, so used lemon pepper. And I left out the olives and bacon strips. These will be made often, as the family just loved them. Thank you Sharon for sharing. I made this for New Kids on the Block tag game.