Recipe by New Mommy and Lovin' It
A friend passed this recipe along to me, and I love it because you can secretly sneak vegetables in that your family otherwise might not eat.
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop all of the vegetables. In a skillet, sauté them until they are tender.
- Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, egg, parmesan, and basil.
- Mix in the vegetables.
- Cook the jumbo shells according to package directions. Drain the water off.
- Fill the shells with the cheese and veggie mixture. [Note: I often have more filling than I need. So, I just freeze it until the next time I make stuffed shells.].
- Spoon 3/4 of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a glass baking dish. Place shells in the dish, then cover them with the remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Then uncover the dish and cook for an additional 10 minutes.