Recipe by J e l i s a
Found this while cleaning out my recipe box, putting it here so I don't lose it.
Top Review by Derf
Quite good, Jelisa, I cut the recipe in half, 3 chops, worked out fairly well, but we found them a little bland, another time i will add some more spices to "kick them up" a bit. I followed the recipe as is except for the celery, simply because I had none, did add a couple of shakes of celery salt, trying to replace it. also used olive oil rather than butter, personal preferance. All and all it is a good recipe and we will use it again, thanks for sharing.
- 6 pork chops, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a"pocket" into the pork chop by cutting it horizontally, toward the bone on the thickest side for stuffing.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender, remove from heat.
- Stir cheese, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper into the vegetable mixture.
- Fill pocket with the mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pork in oil for approximately 5 minutes, turning once until light brown.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and place in 13x9 baking pan.
- Cover tightly and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 30 or no longer pink in center.