Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Energy Density is 1
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni
- 2 tablespoons dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Mix next 3 together.
- Heat 1 ½ cups milk until steaming. Which remaining milk with the flour till smooth and add to hot milk and cook until thickened. About 3-7 minutes.
- Add cheese to the sauce and stir. Stir in cottage cheese, Parmesan, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Stir in pasta. Spread half into baking dish. Place the spinach evenly on top then the diced tomatoes. Spread remaining pasta over the top and sprinkle with bread crumbs.