Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I made up this recipe with some leftovers in the fridge, and my husband loves it! Its really quite easy to make. It does take awhile to let the squash cook though, so think ahead if you plan on making it.
- 1 spaghetti squash (small or medium sized)
- 8 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 5 ounces carrots, matchstick cut
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped (I use shiitake mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon browning sauce (I use Gravy Master seasoning and browning sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pierce the rind of the squash, and place it on a foil-covered cookie sheet
- Cook the pierced squash in the oven for about 1 hour.
- Start cooking the veggies about 20 minutes before squash is done cooking
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt one tablespoon of the butter and saute the Brussels sprouts, carrots, zucchini, and mushrooms. Saute vegetables until the zucchini is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Take the squash out and set it aside for about fifteen minutes.
- Mix the browning sauce with the water and pour into the skillet with the veggies and stir it inches Let skillet set on very low heat while you prepare the squash.
- Cut squash in half, remove and dispose of the seeds and the stringy stuff attached to the seeds. Then take a fork and scrape out the "spaghetti" from the squash and put it into the skillet with the veggies.
- Add the rest of the butter and the parmesan. Stir until the butter and parmesan are melted.
- Serve immediately. Add salt and pepper if desired.