Made with ingredients I usually have on hand. This is what I make to clean out my fridge, so the veggies are different each time, but I love this version. This can easily be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets, halved if large
- 3 celery ribs, julienned (or bell pepper)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth (made from bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with water to form a paste
- black pepper
- Soak broccoli in water; heat canola oil in large frypan or wok and steam wet broccoli, covered, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add celery, mushrooms, garlic, soy sauce and ginger. Saute uncovered for about 5 more minutes, depending how crunchy you want your veggies.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch paste and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve over rice, with soy sauce and chow mein noodles.