Top Review by Donna
Pick Your Chef Recipe.... YAY what a good sandwich! I followed the directions exactly! This is a very filling sandwich, I bet it would be good to omit the tomato sauce and use a vinegrette too!
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin (about 7 inches)
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced (not chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 4 -5 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 dash oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 12 ounces favorite tomato sauce
- fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute all vegetables in fat free cooking spray and minced garlic about 5 minutes.
- Toward end of cooking time, add crushed red pepper and oregano.
- Mix in tomato sauce to coat veggies generously.
- Spoon mixture in roll, top with cheese and put under broiler for 30 seconds, (optional).