Recipe by Abby Girl
These are quite impressive beside steak or roast beef. Allow one stack per person
- 1 slice eggplant
- 1 slice red onion
- 1 slice bocconcini
- 1 slice fresh tomato
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Assemble stacks by layering one slice of eggplant, red onion, bocconcini cheese and tomato.
- Sprinkle with grated Asiago cheese.
- Place stacks on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and veggies soften.
- Option: A portobello mushroom can be used instead of eggplant.