A vegetarian side or main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 aluminum foil, mini loaf pans 5 3/4-inch x 3 1/4-inch sprayed with Pam
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided may need more
- 6 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce or 6 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, divided I recommend Unico Hot & Spicy Pizza Sauce 213ml can
- 1 small eggplant, 3-inch piece cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1 small potato, skin on cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced divided
- 1 portabella mushroom, cleaned and cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1 leek, 3-inch piece washed and cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1 small yam, 3-inch piece peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1 small zucchini, 3-inch piece cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1 large ripe vine tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices divided
- 1/4 cup canned onion soup, divided can use consomme
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Slice the vegetables with the slicing blade of a food processor or a mandoline to ensure even cooking.
- 3For easy assembly, place both foil pans side by side on the counter and assemble them together. The veggies should be divided equally in separate piles. You will be halving all the ingredients between both pans.
- 4Place one tablespoon of pizza sauce on the bottom of each loaf pan.
- 5Place eggplant slices in each pan on top of pizza sauce. Brush lightly with oil.
- 6Place the potato slices in each pan on top of the eggplant layer. Brush lightly with oil.
- 7Sprinkle with half the garlic slices on top of the potato layer in each pan.
- 8Place the mushroom slices in each pan on top of the garlic layer. Brush lightly with oil.
- 9Place the carrot slices in each pan on top of the mushroom layer. Brush lightly with oil.
- 10Spread second tablespoon of pizza sauce over the carrot layer.
- 11Place the leek slices in each pan on top of the pizza sauce layer.
- 12Place the yam slices in each pan on top of the leek layer. Brush lightly with oil.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining garlic slices.
- 14Place the zucchini slices in each pan on top of the garlic slices. Brush lightly with oil.
- 15Spread zucchini layer with remaining tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- 16Finally - top each pan with tomato slices.
- 17Pour 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) of the onion soup over the tomato slices in each pan.
- 18Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees F until potato layers are soft. Test with a skewer.
- 19Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. This will allow any of the juices to be reabsorbed into the cooked veggies.
- 20TO SERVE: Place a warm dinner plate on top of loaf pan and flip it quickly - slide pan up gently so that the stacked veggies retain the loaf shape.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Stack - a Vegetarian Side or Main Course
Serving Size: 1 (778 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza sauce