A great weight watchers recipe from better homes and gardens. 1 point per roll.
Make and share this Veggie Spring Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded daikon radishes or 1⁄2 cup radish
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 small fresh jalapenos or 1 small serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup short thin strips cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 rice paper sheets (8.5 inch diameter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- cilantro (to garnish)
- shredded carrot (to garnish)
- Combine first 6 ingredients oin one bowl, and the next four in another bowl.
- Cover each and refrigerate beteen 2- 24 hours.
- Stir once and drain.
- Pour 1 cup warm water into a pie plate.
- Carefully dip rice papers into water, one at a time.
- Place papers one at a time on clean kitchen towels (not touching).
- Let soften until pliable.
- Place 1/4 cup bean sprouts on each rice paper near the edge.
- Place one rounded tablespoon of each vegetable mixture on the sprouts.
- Fold in the ends, and tightly roll the rice paper.
- Place seam side down on a plate.
- Cover with a damp towel, and repeat until done.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Cut each roll in half diagonally to make 12 pieces.
- Garnish with carrot and cilantro.