Recipe by Carianne
A great weight watchers recipe from better homes and gardens. 1 point per roll.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING AS CAN BE!
Cannot believe these are SO healthy!
Used radish as local store ran out of daikon on the day!
WOW is what I CAN say!
Put them together 1 hour before the party did start, TRUE!
Let me tell you, NONE were left....gobbled pretty quickly too!
Made two dipping sauces, BOTH were GREAT!
This recipe really is first rate
- 1⁄2 cup shredded daikon radishes or 1⁄2 cup radish
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 small fresh jalapenos or 1 small serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup short thin strips cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 rice paper sheets (8.5 inch diameter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- cilantro (to garnish)
- shredded carrot (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients oin one bowl, and the next four in another bowl.
- Cover each and refrigerate beteen 2- 24 hours.
- Stir once and drain.
- Pour 1 cup warm water into a pie plate.
- Carefully dip rice papers into water, one at a time.
- Place papers one at a time on clean kitchen towels (not touching).
- Let soften until pliable.
- Place 1/4 cup bean sprouts on each rice paper near the edge.
- Place one rounded tablespoon of each vegetable mixture on the sprouts.
- Fold in the ends, and tightly roll the rice paper.
- Place seam side down on a plate.
- Cover with a damp towel, and repeat until done.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Cut each roll in half diagonally to make 12 pieces.
- Garnish with carrot and cilantro.