1/3 Photos of Veggie Spring Rolls
4 hrs 30 mins
A great weight watchers recipe from better homes and gardens. 1 point per roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shredded daikon radishes or 1/2 cup radish
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 small fresh jalapenos or 1 small serrano chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup short thin strips cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 rice paper sheets (8.5 inch diameter)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- cilantro (to garnish)
- shredded carrot (to garnish)
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients oin one bowl, and the next four in another bowl.
- 2Cover each and refrigerate beteen 2- 24 hours.
- 3Stir once and drain.
- 4Pour 1 cup warm water into a pie plate.
- 5Carefully dip rice papers into water, one at a time.
- 6Place papers one at a time on clean kitchen towels (not touching).
- 7Let soften until pliable.
- 8Place 1/4 cup bean sprouts on each rice paper near the edge.
- 9Place one rounded tablespoon of each vegetable mixture on the sprouts.
- 10Fold in the ends, and tightly roll the rice paper.
- 11Place seam side down on a plate.
- 12Cover with a damp towel, and repeat until done.
- 13Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 14Cut each roll in half diagonally to make 12 pieces.
- 15Garnish with carrot and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets