Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was hungry and in a rush tonight, and all of these ingredients were available in the cooler. It came together very easily and didn't leave me feeling weighed down! Of course you can add whatever it is that you like--meat or otherwise, but it had good flavor with just the vegetables. The potato and orzo really add substance.
- 16 -18 ounces water
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 1 dash cayenne
- Fill a pot with 16 oz of water and add to stove on high heat.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and parsley and bring to a boil.
- Add bouillion cubes.
- Add cayenne, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Finally, add orzo and let cook for about 8 more minutes.
This soup is so quick and healthy, tasty and filling. Just the right sized recipe for a solo diner like me! This will definitely be repeated since all the ingredients are always on hand in my house. Made for PAC Spring 2007.