Recipe by rusted_essence
This is my first stab at a veggie soup. I made a huge pot and took it down south to share with my family and it was gone quicker than it took to drive it there.
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet onion
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup butter (i used smart balance) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (i used smart balance)
- sea salt
- crushed black pepper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium potato
- 7 carrots
- garlic powder
- cilantro, and
- 2 yellow squash
- 3 zucchini
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag lentils
Directions See How It's Made
- fill a HUGE pot with water.and 1/4 c butter.
- put on burner and turn on to med hi.
- slice onion into rings and then cut in half
- throw them in
- mince garlic and add.
- boil for at least one hour and add salt and pepper to taste.
- add cut up sweet and regular potatoes and carrots as well as all the seasonings to taste.
- boil until tnder
- add squash, zucchini, mushrooms, corn, and green beans green beans
- cook about ten minutes and add lentils
- cover but let it vent the steam and simmer for about thirty minutes and you should be good to go!