Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this dish, you can use a small jalapeno in place of the green pepper to give it some heat.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- Heat the oil, in a large frying pan about 20 minutes before serving time.
- Add ingredients and cook over medium to low heat about 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Cover pan during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Stir once or twice.
- Serve immediately.
- (Vegetables will be crisp.).
Yum! I had some cabbage and wanted to do something different with it. Subbed jalepeno for the green pepper, not a fan :) and added 1/2 chopped carrots and a generous pinch of red pepper flakes. Great recipe! Easy and quick to prepare.
Absolutely delish! I softened the cabbage and onion a bit in water first, then added the oil and other veggies/seasonings to stir-fry into golden veggie tastiness. Great with zucchini and snow peas subbed for the celery, as well. Thanks for a keeper!
I loved this, being a vegetarian this really hit the spot. Thank you Dancer