Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From BHG. Per serving: 406 calories, 21 g fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 49 g carb, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
- 3 cups frozen diced frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups commercial meatless spaghetti sauce (with mushrooms,I use Ragu)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a big skillet, cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat for 6 to 10 minutes or until nearly tender, stirring frequently.
- Add in spaghetti sauce, peas and carrots, and corn; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat, cover, and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand, covered, for about 1 minute or until cheese starts to melt.
- **An alternative is to use 1 cup tomato sauce and 1 cup salsa in place of the spaghetti sauce.
Quick, easy, and filling. I got this from our local paper -- they had the calories as 357, but maybe it depends on brands of things. Anyway, I thought it was very tasty! I added in some extra onion.