Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Meat-free toad in the hole
Make and share this Veggie Sausage Popovers recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and crack in the eggs.
- Gradually mix the eggs with the flour, then slowly add the milk until you have a smooth, thin batter.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the olive oil into 8 wells of a muffin tin.
- Heat in the oven for 5 mins or until the oil is smoking hot.
- Season the batter to taste, then carefully pour onto the hot oil.
- Sprinkle the sausage and pepper pieces over and return to the oven for 25-30 mins until risen and golden.
- Can be frozen at this stage for up to 1 month.
- To cook from frozen, cover tightly with foil and re-heat at 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 for 20-25 mins until piping hot.