Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know this is pretty simple, but its so good, especially served with a small bowl of vegetable soup, or a salad of baby greens with a vinaigrette. This is a 'staple' sandwich, 'cause its made with stuff most people usually have on hand. Its also good with freshly grated parmesan over the tomatoes.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 small cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 ounce extra-sharp cheddar cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- fresh ground pepper
- Toast the bread while slicing tomatoes& cucumber.
- Spread mayo over each slice of toast, and layer tomatoes, cucumber& spinach on one side.
- Douse with as much salt& pepper as you like.
- Layer with Cheddar, top with other slice of bread& slice in half.
Delicious veggie sandwich! I made it in just a few minutes and enjoyed every bite! Thanks! Made for Soups and Sandwiches-Photo forum event-April 2010.
This is a great recipe because it combines the right ingredients...sometimes we forget how delicious simple can be! Thanks, Moody ;-)