Recipe by Starrynews
This is based off of one of my favorite sandwiches that is sold in a nearby grab 'n go place. Use your favorite tzatziki sauce, if desired.
Top Review by Katzen
Loved this sandwich!! I used a store bought Tzatziki made with greek yogurt, to save a step, and used cheddar and jalapeno jack for the cheeses. Made on a multi-grain ciabatta bun. I was taking it to work, so I prepped everything and made the sandwich, except put the tzatziki in a small container, and the tomatoes in another small container, to avoid sogginess. Worked out perfect! Love this sandwich, and ended up making it for quite a few lunches, as I had lots of tzatziki to use (lucky me!) Thanks for another great recipe, Starry! Made for Veggie Swap #61.
- 1 foccacia bun
- tzatziki, sauce (your favorite, or see below)
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 0 red pepper, sliced
- 1 slice large tomatoes
- 2 rings large red onions
- 0 cucumber, sliced
- 118.29 ml mixed greens
Tzatziki Sauce (make night before for best flavor)
- 170.09 g container fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, grated and squeezed so as much liquid as possible is removed
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Split open foccacia bun. Spread tzatziki sauce on top half of bun and cover with provolone slice. Place cheddar slice on bottom half of bun.
- Layer the remaining ingredients over the bottom half of the bun.
- Cover with top half of bun, slice in half, and enjoy!
- For tzatziki sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well. Allow flavors to blend in fridge overnight. If using the recipe included, it will make more than needed for one sandwich.