Recipe by Sharon123
I just saw this on Hungry Girl and it looks right up my alley! I might try subbing vegan ricotta which uses tofu. Enjoy!
Top Review by mersaydees
This is absolutely delicious! I love this recipe and will be making this regularly as it's packed with so many great veggies. Mine overflowed the 8x8 pan, so mid-way in the layering process, I had to transfer what I had layered to a 10x10 pan; this explains why I don't have a photo to post! Thanks, Sharon. Made for Veggie Recipe Swap 42.
- 3 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced into strips
- 1 large eggplant, ends removed, sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, thoroughly drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons fat-free liquid egg substitute (or 1 egg white)
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup ground-beef-style soy crumbles, thawed from frozen
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- Lay a couple paper towels next to the stove; as you cook the veggies, transfer them to the paper towels to drain excess moisture.
- Bring a large grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add zucchini, portabella mushroom, and eggplant, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and honey, if using. Mix well and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine spinach, egg substitute, ricotta cheese, basil, salt, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Evenly coat the bottom of an 8" x 8" pan with about half of the seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly layer half of the sliced veggies over the tomatoes. Spread half of the spinach mixture into an even layer over the veggies. Top evenly with soy crumbles.
- Evenly layer remaining veggies into the pan, placing them perpendicular(crosswise) to the first layer, followed by the remaining spinach mixture. Evenly cover with remaining seasoned crushed tomatoes. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese and grated topping over the crushed tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven until lasagna is hot and mozzarella cheese is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters.