Recipe by Laurenhanna
An all time favorite in our house - kids will love it too! Pretty simple and so yummy. You can add what ever veggies you like OR even 2 cups of diced chicken is good to throw in for a complete meal.. other wise this is a great side dish for anything (steaks, BBQ, chicken, ect.)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (Regular works fine)
- 2⁄3 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pico de gallo (optional, but you will love the flavor it brings!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix hot cooked rice with finely diced onion, add chicken soup, mayo, veggies, seasonings, 1/2 cup of cheese, and pico de gallo (again,. optional but its almost not the same without it - you can find it in the deli section of your grocery) all in a large bowl - or i throw all my stuff right into the rice cooker bowl once the rice is done.
- pour it all into a glass baking dish (13x9)
- top with remaning cheese & bake for 30-35 min or until cheese is hot and bubbly!
- top with green onion or sour cream hot out of the oven, yumm!