Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Food Network. It is just great.I didn't add the time for cooking rice.
Make and share this Veggie Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, medium diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, chopped, juice reserved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large hot saucepan heat oil.
- Add onion, 1/3 of garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme and saute until onions and garlic are fragrant.
- Stir in zucchini, 1/3 garlic and tarragon, partially cover pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until zucchini has begun to soften.
- Stir in plum tomatoes with juice, 1/3 garlic and basil, partially cover pan and cook for 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with Parmesan.