Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Threw this together one night and it was sooo scrumptious that I had to share!!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms (about 10-12 'shrooms)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 2 -4 large flour tortillas (I used the jalapeno-tomatoe flavored)
- sour cream with cilantro
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry curry powder
- Chop cilantro and add to sour cream,along with curry, mix well.
- Roughly chop the bell pepper and onion and place in a large non-stick saute pan (I use my iron-skillet) that has been drizzled with 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil,add the garlic and seasonings and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes,or until the veggies are crisp tender,tossing to coat.
- Slice mushrooms and gently tear the spinach and add to saute pan.
- Add more olive oil if needed and gently saute the vegetables until the spinach is nicely wilted,about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from skillet and place in bowl.
- In same skillet that has been wiped clean with a napkin,add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place one tortilla in skillet and add a generous amount of cheese (first),veggies,then cheese,to one half side of tortilla,like an omelet.
- Fold the empty side over the other side of tortilla and cook until cheese melts and the tortilla is nicely browned.
- Due to the fact that mine is stuffed with veggies and cheese I will flip it over once to ensure even melting and browning.
- Transfer to a plate and slice into wedges.
- Serve with Cilantro sour cream or your choice of additions (guacamole,salsa,ect--) This recipe will make 2 generously stuffed large tortilla quesadillas or 4 small.
mmmm!! this was great!! i didn't had any red pepper flakes so i omitted them, and i was out of fresh cilantro so i added fresh basil to the sour cream!
This was really wonderful. I substituted the spinach for shredded chicken because my husband needs some meat in his meals. :-) We all loved it and will definitely make again. Thanks for the recipe!
This was so fantastic and full of flavour. You could make this a meat dish, substitute chicken for mushrooms. We used tomato tortillas