1/1 Photo of Veggie Quesadillas With Cilantro Sour Cream
Threw this together one night and it was sooo scrumptious that I had to share!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms (about 10-12 'shrooms)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- 2 -4 large flour tortillas (I used the jalapeno-tomatoe flavored)
- sour cream with cilantro
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon curry curry powder
- 1Chop cilantro and add to sour cream,along with curry, mix well.
- 2Roughly chop the bell pepper and onion and place in a large non-stick saute pan (I use my iron-skillet) that has been drizzled with 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil,add the garlic and seasonings and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes,or until the veggies are crisp tender,tossing to coat.
- 3Slice mushrooms and gently tear the spinach and add to saute pan.
- 4Add more olive oil if needed and gently saute the vegetables until the spinach is nicely wilted,about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove vegetables from skillet and place in bowl.
- 6In same skillet that has been wiped clean with a napkin,add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- 7Place one tortilla in skillet and add a generous amount of cheese (first),veggies,then cheese,to one half side of tortilla,like an omelet.
- 8Fold the empty side over the other side of tortilla and cook until cheese melts and the tortilla is nicely browned.
- 9Due to the fact that mine is stuffed with veggies and cheese I will flip it over once to ensure even melting and browning.
- 10Transfer to a plate and slice into wedges.
- 11Serve with Cilantro sour cream or your choice of additions (guacamole,salsa,ect--) This recipe will make 2 generously stuffed large tortilla quesadillas or 4 small.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Quesadillas With Cilantro Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1120.0
- Calories from Fat 637
- Total Fat 70.8 g
- Saturated Fat 40.7 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 1451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 46.1 g