Recipe by Malriah
Looks like "junk food" but are a good way to sneak some veggies into your (or your kids) diet. Also great for game day. I make them for our poker parties or anytime we want a "good for you" snack.
Top Review by Tara
Gosh I just saw this in my cookbook and forgotten to rate it. I tried this recipe 3 months ago and it was really good. Has to be the first time I made quesadillas that actually held together. I made it just as you said but I imagine if anyone wanted to add chicken it would fit right in.
- 1 medium summer squash, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese, grated (cheddar, jack or colby, whichever you prefer)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- flour tortilla
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat.
- Add all veggies except jalepenos and green onions and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat grill (or another frying pan) and spray with cooking spray.
- Place tortilla in pan and fill one side with about 1/2 cup of veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheese, jalepenos and green onions and fold empty half over.
- Grill for aproximately 45 seconds to 1 mintute, depending on heat.
- Flip and grill other side.
- Remove from pan and cut.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.