Recipe by Starrynews
This was inspired by a Bush's recipe I picked up in the grocery, which I adapted to our tastes :) Use your favorite barbecue sauce!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Yum! We really enjoyed these easy to make quesadillas for lunch today. DH suspected we might find the recipe as posted just a little plain for our tastes, so he made half the batch for us to try as posted and the other half with about a half tsp or so of chipotle chili powder added to the filling. We both preferred the chipotle chili powder version and thought it really made the quesadillas super tasty. We also used our panini press to make the quesadillas versus using a pan on the stove. This worked great. We would make this again for lunch. Thanks! Made for Spring 2013 Rookie Tag.
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel (thawed, if using frozen)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 (8 inch) tortillas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomato, corn, black beans, onion, barbecue sauce, and cheese, mixing well.
- Spread equal amounts of mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold over and press gently to close.
- Place two quesadillas in a nonstick pan heated over medium heat and cook until the tortilla is crisp, about 4 minutes, and then flip and cook the other side until crisp, about 4 minutes. Repeat with all quesadillas, adding a little oil or cooking spray, if necessary.
- Cut quesadillas into triangles and garnish with cilantro before serving.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, or sour cream!