Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was inspired by a Bush's recipe I picked up in the grocery, which I adapted to our tastes :) Use your favorite barbecue sauce!
- Combine tomato, corn, black beans, onion, barbecue sauce, and cheese, mixing well.
- Spread equal amounts of mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold over and press gently to close.
- Place two quesadillas in a nonstick pan heated over medium heat and cook until the tortilla is crisp, about 4 minutes, and then flip and cook the other side until crisp, about 4 minutes. Repeat with all quesadillas, adding a little oil or cooking spray, if necessary.
- Cut quesadillas into triangles and garnish with cilantro before serving.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, or sour cream!
Yum! We really enjoyed these easy to make quesadillas for lunch today. DH suspected we might find the recipe as posted just a little plain for our tastes, so he made half the batch for us to try as posted and the other half with about a half tsp or so of chipotle chili powder added to the filling. We both preferred the chipotle chili powder version and thought it really made the quesadillas super tasty. We also used our panini press to make the quesadillas versus using a pan on the stove. This worked great. We would make this again for lunch. Thanks! Made for Spring 2013 Rookie Tag.
Super easy and super tasty. I could eat Mexican food every day!!! This was also perfect for portion control - as I am calorie counting these days. I did omit the onion ans subbed pepper jack for the cheddar, but otherwise made it dead on. VERY enjoyable lunch today thanks to you, Starry! No pics taken, as Sharon's looks MUCH better than mine did :)
Oh my, this was yummy! My husband enjoyed it too! I served with salsa for a very enjoyable supper. I had just a little leftover and added it to some greens for a good dish too. Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.