I made this up, loosely based on the Seven Veggie Quesadilla served at Hobee's in the Silicon Valley, California. My kids cleaned the plates, and it was very satisfying! For optimum nutrition I use all organic ingredients whenever available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli, diced
- 1/2 cup raw cauliflower, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh green beans, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 2 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- 4 -6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Steam rice in 1 cup water for 40-45 minutes or until water is gone.
- 2While rice is cooking, sauté veggies and tofu in olive oil until tender. Add soy sauce to sauté to taste.
- 3Lay tortilla flat on plate. Spread a thin layer of rice over half of the tortilla, cover with cheese and then a generous portion of the veggie sauté. Sprinkle with hot sauce as desired.
- 4Fold tortilla over and top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
- 5For vegans, leave off the cheese.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.1
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 1091.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g