Recipe by dmac085
I found this in a huge cookbook and copied it into a recipe journal I keep. I don't have the proper pan and am terrified of yeast but this is my year to make it:) The photo was gorgeous.
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers or 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread machine, place butter, water, sour cream, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select dough setting, check after 5 minutes and add 1-2 T or water or flour if needed.
- Sauted veggies in 1/2 c of butter until tender. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minute.
- Stir in bacon pieces and cheese.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Punch down. Cover and let rise 10 minutes.
- Divided into 24 dough balls and dip into the veggie mixture. Place dough balls in a 9" fluted tube pan. If the veggies won't stick well, gently use a spoon to arrange and press into dough in the pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 min or doubled.
- Bake at 350 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.