1/1 Photo of Veggie Potato Chowder for Slow Cooker
6 hrs 15 mins
Found this gem in the Simple & Delicious magazine submitted by H. Thompson. I made a few small adjustments to please our family. I love the addition of the fresh veggies to the potato soup - just gives a nice twist to the normal soup. Great for providing a vegetarian dish too at potlucks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed (I used Yukon and White Potato mix)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional for topping bowl)
- 1In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the 1/4 cup flour, half-half cream, peas and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or until veggies are tender.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth then slowly add to the slow cooker.
- 3Stir in peas and cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4Top each serving with some shredded cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Potato Chowder for Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth