Recipe by HokiesMom
Found this gem in the Simple & Delicious magazine submitted by H. Thompson. I made a few small adjustments to please our family. I love the addition of the fresh veggies to the potato soup - just gives a nice twist to the normal soup. Great for providing a vegetarian dish too at potlucks.
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed (I used Yukon and White Potato mix)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional for topping bowl)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the 1/4 cup flour, half-half cream, peas and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or until veggies are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth then slowly add to the slow cooker.
- Stir in peas and cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Top each serving with some shredded cheese if desired.