Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found this gem in the Simple & Delicious magazine submitted by H. Thompson. I made a few small adjustments to please our family. I love the addition of the fresh veggies to the potato soup - just gives a nice twist to the normal soup. Great for providing a vegetarian dish too at potlucks.
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed (I used Yukon and White Potato mix)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional for topping bowl)
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the 1/4 cup flour, half-half cream, peas and cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or until veggies are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth then slowly add to the slow cooker.
- Stir in peas and cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Top each serving with some shredded cheese if desired.
I dont know what I did wrong but this came out greasy and flavorless, I followed all of the directions correctly but its 100% un-edible
I put this in the Crock Pot last night before I went to bed. Made it up ahead of time for tonight, since I will be busy today. . Of course my kitchen smelled so good I had a small bowl of it already. Great flavor! Tonight I will be serving these in bread bowls. Thanks for the Great recipe. Enjoyed it this morning I am sure I will enjoy it twice as much tonight!
I want to review this again. My first one I just did not look it over before I sent it. Spelling errors. This soup was wonderful. Making it in the crock pot was so easy. I thought I had frozen peas in the freezer but didn't. I noticed that when I added the milk/flour mixture it thicken up really fast. Thanks for sharing this recipe, its the best!!