1/3 Photos of Veggie Pot Stickers
Recipe courtesy Dave Lieberman's show, episode Home Cooked Take Out. Tasty little things!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (or minced)
- 1/2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 head napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot, finely grated
- 24 wonton wrappers
Asian Dipping Sauce
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons of veg. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the leeks, garlic and mushrooms and cook until leeks begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger and cook, stirring, until cabbage is soft, about 3-4 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in the carrot. Allow the filling to cool.
- 2Transfer cabbage mixture to a mixing bowl and work together until fully incorporated. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- 3To make the potstickers, lay a wonton wrapper on the work surface and put about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center. Dip your finger in a little water and wet the edges of the wonton wrapper; this will help the potsticker seal when cooking. Bring the outside edges of the wonton wrapper together over the filling and press it together to form a pouch. Continue with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- 4To cook the potstickers, heat the remaining oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Place all of the potstickers upright in the pan and cook, without disturbing them, until browned on the bottom, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and immediately cover. Allow the potstickers to steam for about 3 minutes, then remove the skillet lid. Continue cooking until the water is completely evaporated.
- 5Transfer to a platter and serve with the dipping sauce. Enjoy!
- 6Dipping Sauce:.
- 7Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8Yield: about 1/3 cup.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Pot Stickers
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 243.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar
lemons, zest of