Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe while looking for low calorie meals. I must say this was the best "pizza" I ever had!! Can be used as an appetizer or snack. I use it in my low calorie diet as a dinner.
- 1 portabella mushroom, cap
- 59.14 ml sliced bell pepper (green,yellow whatever you like)
- 29.58 ml marinara sauce (I used pasta sauce)
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese, grated (Kraft-light is good)
- 59.14 ml onion, sliced
- Place the mushroom cap upside down on a cookie sheet. Spread the marinara sauce over the mushroom, and top with the remaining ingredients - just like a normal pizza.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F until the cheese melts and the ‘pizza’ is warmed through.
I used homemade spaghetti sauce. I used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan. For mine, I used red bell pepper and onion and for DH without onion. We liked this so much. It's so yummy. It's filling enough. It can be perfect with a salad on the side. Thanks Naren :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
I made this tonight with some homemade spaghetti sauce, topped with bell pepper, tomato, olives, and salami. It was so delicious, but I think it would have tasted even better with real pizza sauce, which I'll now make since I have something to use it on besides a pizza crust. This is such an incredibly versatile and easy recipe, I wish I'd discovered it sooner! The way I made it was 1 point, but I was very light on my toppings. Absolutely fantastic recipe! I'm going to share this at my next WW meeting!
This was an amazingly easy and tasty appetiser. I made as written, except for adding a little sliced eggplant and using pizza sauce instead of marinara. Everyone loved these low fat, gluten free pizzas. Thanks for sharing this keeper.