The Veggie Pizza works best with Finely chopped vegetables. My mother has been making these for quite some time. They are really good. I hope you enjoy.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 (12 ounce) package cheddar cheese
- vegetables (any that you desire such as green peppers, tomatos, carrots, celery, and green onions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the cresent rolls out on cookie sheets to make large rectangles.
- cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown and then cool.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, dressing mix, and Miricle Whip together.
- Spread on top of the cooled cresent rolls.
- Chop your veggies (I like to use the food proccesor).
- Spread your veggies on top of the mixture on the cresent rolls.
- Sprinkle the Cheddar Cheese on the top.
- With sharp knife cut in half and enjoy.
This is so quick, and so good! I buy the Grands Crescent rolls, that way you only need one can. My sister told me when she saw it, "I am not a 'real' veggie eater". She tried a piece and LOVED it!
I've also used Taco Seasoning instead of the ranch dressing! Topped with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, hot peppers . . . etc! It's GREAT!
These are so tasty. I skipped the cheddar cheese step, just for personal preference. I used red onion, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot. The second time I tried this, I tried the taco seasoning as someone suggested in a review. That seemed like too much flavor for me. A bit over-powering. I'll stick with the ranch.
I made this according to the directions and used the ranch dressing. I chose finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red, green and yellow peppers, red onions and carrots. When cooled, I cut them into small squares and arranged them on a platter with some cherry tomatoes. They looked awesome and tasted even better. They were practically INHALED by my guests and next thing I knew I had a platter of cherry tomatoes. I highly recommend this recipe!