1/1 Photo of Veggie Pita Subs
1 hr 15 mins
echo echo's Note:
A warm and filling sandwich. You can either peel or scrub the eggplant, zucchini and squash (I prefer to use unpeeled veggies}. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Cooking times may vary a little bit depending on your oven. Preparation time includes 1/2 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 large red sweet bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 6 large pita pockets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Combine oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; use to marinate eggplant through olives 1/2 hour.
- 2Spread vegetables in one layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 3Roast at 400F 15 minutes.
- 4Drain and toss vegetables together in a collander and stuff into the pita pockets; lay each pocket on its side and stuff in 1/4 cup of cheese with the veggies.
- 5Wrap each pocket in foil, place on the baking sheets and return to oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- 6Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Pita Subs
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 705.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g