1/1 Photo of Veggie Pita Pizzas
This makes a nice luch or dinner, these are the veggies I like, use your favorite. Points 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 cup prepared pasta sauce (with vegetables)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 small summer squash, finely diced
- sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2On oven rack or in toaster oven, toast pita bread for 1 minute.
- 3Remove and allow to cool.
- 4Spread 1/4 cup pasta sauce on each pita round.
- 5In medium bowl, combine red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms.
- 6Spoon evenly onto pita rounds.
- 7Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon oregano and basil on each round.
- 8Divide mozzarella among pitas.
- 9Top each with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
- 10If desired, sprinkle with a bit of crushed red pepper flakes.
- 11Broil, watching carefully, until cheese is melted and bubbly, and pita is hot.
- 12Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Pita Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 871.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 16.5 g