Recipe by Susiecat too
Think of the combination of flavors in a Thai-type food with peanut sauce, that is how this sandwich was born. I had just a few spinach leaves, not enough for a salad. Ditto for my bean sprouts. I had bread, peanut butter ... voila! A sandwich.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This was a recipe I had fun customizing. First I lightly grilled hoagie rolls, added a spoonful of homemade satay sauce, small square of grilled tofu (with a simple oil-lemongrass wet rub), spinach, slice of cucumber, grated carrot, more satay sauce and finally a mixture of fresh cilantro, basil and mint. Yum! These were served open faced, too. Served with fresh corn on the cob and locally grown fruit: watermelon, berries, peaches. Reviewed for ZWT 8.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1⁄4 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup bean sprouts (or use your favorite kind of sprouts)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (more or less, to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (optional)