Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you have ever had potato latkes, than this is a very similar recipe, partly because it has potatoes in the mixture. It actually turned out very good. I was surprised by the outcome because as I was cooking the patties I thought it might not turn out so good. But the taste is so good, it’s awesome.
- 1 cup frozen spinach, cooked
- 1 cup canned artichoke heart
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 2⁄3 cup frozen green pea, cooked
- 2⁄3 cup frozen corn, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- After letting the spinach, corn and peas cool down, mix it with the other vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, flour, and seasonings and mix again.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan and let heat on medium high heat. Make patties out of the mixture and fry 4 at a time for 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat until done.
- Serve warm as a side dish with main course dish (I found fish was the best thing to share the patties with, as I was having fish on the day I made these).
Really nice - I love the combination of veggies! The consistency was great; it was really easy to flip them in the pan. I may experiment with the spices in the future -- perhaps some cayenne pepper for an extra zip? But it was great as-is! Thanks for sharing!
This was excellent. You did a great job creating this. I found that everything worked well together. Your instructions were good. There was lots of flavor. I will probably play around with the spices, but that's about it. I don't think I'll cook the spinach next time. The shallot flavor was a must for this recipe. I forgot to add it to the first batch, then realized I had forgot it and added it to the remaining mixture and it made all the difference. Excellent choice. Thanks Studentchef. You have a winner with this one.