Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Culinary in the Desert's site
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (or chickpeas)
- 2 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash and drain the black beans and place in a medium sized bowl. Using a potato masher, crush the beans until they form a paste.
- Lay out 2 paper towels. Shred zucchini and carrot and place on paper towels. Cover with 2 more paper towels, pressing down to drain off water from veggies. If you find there is still a lot of moisture to them, repeat process. When they no longer release moisture, add to bowl with black beans, along with garlic, tahini, bread crumbs and egg.
- Use a hand to incorporate all ingredients evenly, squeezing the batter to check stickiness. Add another egg if you find it is too dry, more breadcrumbs if too wet.
- Warm a saute pan on medium high heat with olive oil in the pan. Once warm, create patties with hands of the vegetable mixture and place on pan. Cook about 5 minutes, until brown, flip, then about 5 minutes more, until brown on other side.