This spread is extremely nutritious and versatile, good for spreading on pita crisps or as part of a wonderful veggie sandwich. Serve warm from the oven, or at room temperature.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until they are almost smooth.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until lightly browned.