Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This spread is extremely nutritious and versatile, good for spreading on pita crisps or as part of a wonderful veggie sandwich. Serve warm from the oven, or at room temperature.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until they are almost smooth.
- Transfer mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until lightly browned.
This is lovely. The flavour is subtle and mild, but nevertheless interesting. In spite of the long list of ingredients, it was quick and easy to make. Possibly my veggies were on the large size, because I would say it made more like 4 cups of pate.
Like most people I added way more spices and garlic...ah and some curry and chilli powder and it was delicious ..
Delicious! I've made this twice. The second time I did add more garlic (4 cloves total) and an additional teaspoon of mustard. This recipe also freezes beautifully.