Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
This came from my diabetes self management magazine.
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, and separated into rings
- 3 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 7⁄8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 7 ounces hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pickled banana pepper rings
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded (or sliced into thin strips)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F; coat a 13-inch pizza pan or baking stone with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with cornmeal.
- Place pizza dough on pan, and starting at center, press dough out with hands to cover pan.
- Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, coat dough lightly with olive oil, bake 5-8 minutes, or until light golden.
- Remove crust from the oven and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese, cover with tomato slices, onion rings, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm and banana pepper rings,.
- Top with provolone cheese, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Return pizza to the oven and bake 17-22 minutes more, or until crust is deep golden.