1/3 Photos of Veggie Pasta Shells (Oamc)
As with all of us, I'm trying to get more veggies in my child. Here is one way to slip some in without them noticing?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain, and let cool.
- 2In a large saucepan, heat broth to boiling. Stir in carrots, potatoes and onions and cook 3-4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 3Drain vegetables well. (You can mash these up a bit if that's what it takes to hide the veggies!) Combine with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir in Italian seasoning. Fill each cooked and cooled shell with this cheese mixture.
- 4Pour 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer on the sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- 5To freeze, refrigerate at this point until cold. Then wrap, label, and freeze up to 3 months. To thaw and reheat, thaw whole casserole overnight in refrigerator. Bake as directed below, adding 15-20 minutes to baking time. To thaw and reheat individual shells, microwave on 40% power for 2-4 minutes until thawed. Then microwave on 60% power for 1-3 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- 6Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Pasta Shells (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 471.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells
dried Italian seasoning