Recipe by stephstew
I found this recipe in the March 2013 issue of Every Day with Rachel Ray. I added pasta to it for a more satisfying dinner. This goes perfectly with good crusty bread!
- 236.59 ml corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 439.41 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 0 parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. In medium pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add next 4 ingredients; cook 8 minutes. Add thyme; cook 1 minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes with juices. Partially cover and cook 8 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta.
- Transfer mixture to 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix panko, cheese, and 2 tsp olive oil; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Broil until golden, about 2 minutes.