Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
A great vegetarian dog treat that your pet will love.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
- 2 lbs carrots, unpeeled, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry potato flakes
- 2 cups peas
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce dried parsley
- 8 cups water
- 6 cups dry oatmeal
- 8 lbs whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ascorbic acid, powder
- Cube sweet potatoes and carrots, cook in water until tender.
- In same pan with remaining water, mash with potato masher.
- Puree in food processor along with other vegetables and eggs.
- Pour into extra large roasting pan, add ascorbic acid powder, stir and let set 15 minutes.
- Stir in oatmeal, 2 cups at a time. Let set for 20 minutes.
- Gradually add flour -- 2 cups at a time, mixing well after each addition. Near end of mixing, you will need to knead in the flour by hand.
- When dough is no longer sticky, placed in clean roaster, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- On flour coated surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness and cut onto quarter sized pieces.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, turn and bake for additional 30 minutes or until dry.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate or freeze as desired.