Susan Aspeotes's Note:
A great vegetarian dog treat that your pet will love.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
- 2 lbs carrots, unpeeled, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry potato flakes
- 2 cups peas
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce dried parsley
- 8 cups water
- 6 cups dry oatmeal
- 8 lbs whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ascorbic acid, powder
- 1Cube sweet potatoes and carrots, cook in water until tender.
- 2In same pan with remaining water, mash with potato masher.
- 3Puree in food processor along with other vegetables and eggs.
- 4Pour into extra large roasting pan, add ascorbic acid powder, stir and let set 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in oatmeal, 2 cups at a time. Let set for 20 minutes.
- 6Gradually add flour -- 2 cups at a time, mixing well after each addition. Near end of mixing, you will need to knead in the flour by hand.
- 7When dough is no longer sticky, placed in clean roaster, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 8On flour coated surface, roll dough to 1/4" thickness and cut onto quarter sized pieces.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, turn and bake for additional 30 minutes or until dry.
- 10Cool to room temperature and refrigerate or freeze as desired.
Browse Our Top Pet Food Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie & Parmesan Dog Treats
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1280
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: