Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my take on vegetable pancakes, inspired by other recipes I've seen out there. I'm not a huge fan of potatoes, so I used cauliflower instead. I'm sure zucchini would make a good replacement or maybe even cabbage. And I used a mix of red and green peppers which turned out great. Experiment and have fun with it. This turned out to be an easy way to get my picky 3 year old daughter to eat some veggies. And I found that it had a nice comfort food taste, yet was very healthy. A welcome bonus! Also, I am avoiding wheat, so I used spelt flour here and it worked out very well. Feel free to offer any variations or suggestions ... I'm new to putting recipes together. :-) March 27, 2008
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower
- 3⁄4 cup frozen sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 scallions
- 2 carrots
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash herb seasoning mix (Mrs Dash)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Thaw frozen veggies a bit in the microwave.
- Finely chop first 4 ingredients in food processor, then shred carrots in food processor. Place veggies in large bowl.
- Add parsley, salt, Mrs. Dash, then add eggs and milk to veggie mixture.
- Mix flour and baking powder in small bowl to combine, then add to veggie mixture.
- Mix well to combine.
- place small spoonful dollops on heated, oiled, non-stick frying pan -- approximately 2 -3 minutes each side.