Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
An easy and very tasty sidedish. Very good served with ranch dressing on the side.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (I use a little more)
- 1 egg (or equal amt egg substitue)
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini, don't peel them (I use the very smallest squash, as it is less liquidy)
- 1 cup finely grated carrot (don't use a food processor to do veggies as they will be too juicy)
- 2 -3 sliced green onions, slice the green tops and add too
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, of choice,for frying
- Put flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a small dish and stir together to blend.
- Grate zucchini, carrots and toss together with sliced green onion and parsley.
- Beat egg and milk together and mix with grated vegetables.
- Add dry ingredients to vegetable mixture and stir.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add 2 T oil.
- Use a tablespoon of mixture for each patty.
- Cook until golden (about 3 min.) on each side.
- (add a little more oil to skillet if needed).
- Serve warm.
- I love to put a little dab of ranch dressing on mine, yum!