Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this when I was looking to use up a cooked chicken breast I had in the fridge. I wanted an easy lunch but something healthy and tasty too. I usually eat this with two lightly "buttered" (with low fat margarine) slices of bread but it is also good served on a bed of mixed lettuce leaves. The cooking time includes the chilling time.
- 236.59 ml cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 59.14 ml celery, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 118.29 ml Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 36.97 ml fat-free mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml nonfat sour cream
- 0.59 ml dried parsley
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl so that everything is coated well with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but you could do it the night before.
A very nice side dish to dinner tonight that I will be making in the future. Had this with one of my chicken recipes, and the nice variation of vegetables and cheese made this ONE GREAT SALAD. I did use regular mayonnaise though, but I don't think it made a difference since I can not tell the difference. Thanks for one heck of a salad. Made for 1-2-3 hit Wonders.
This is so yummy! I cook up a bunch of chickenat the begining of the week for use in salads an such. That worked great for this recipe. I followed teh recipe almost exactly. I left out the shredded cheese. I put it on some whole wheat bread. Thanks for a yummy healthy sandwich. Made for bevy tag 2009.